Field Day Revision History
The following is a brief summary of the revisions to this program:
Version 5.4 1/02/17
- Added ability to select the sound card or device (RIGblaster, SignaLink, etc.) that you want to use to play your audio wave files.
- Added ability to record wave files for transmit (Settings > Transmit > Phone)
- Removed Windows Media Player dependency.
- Flex radio users can now connect to their rig via a Flex API to read and change the frequency and mode of the active slice.
- Additional API commands (0.9) as requested by users and developers.
- Additional DX Spotting filter options including blocking stations in your country and stations not in the Super Check Partial list.
Version 5.3 10/04/16
- Additional API commands (0.8), as requested by Fldigi, PSK Express and other developers.
- Ability to quickly and easily switch between two rigs as configured on the rig interface form (Just press Ctrl X).
- To clear the band map, click on the band map and then press Shift C (this only affects the band map, not the DX Spots list).
- Ability to add an offset on frequency change such as clicking on a DX spot.
- To quickly display the frequency column in the QSO list in any contesting program, click Ctrl + Shift + F.
Version 5.2 6/27/16
- Ability to check the entity status in your master log when you tab from the Call field in your contest log via API.
- Transfer QSO Records via API (File > Transfer via API).
- Added history file option (Settings > History File).
- Rig Interface via API (Settings > Rig Interface > N3FJP API).
- CW via API (Settings > Transmit > CW).
- DX Spots Summary Graph (View > DX Spots Summary Graph).
- Type frequency in Call field and press enter to change frequency.
- Modified frequency change form behavior so that it will optionally close on action.
- Additional API commands (API version 0.7).
Version 5.1 4/05/16
- DX Spots where the entity is a needed multiplier is displayed in italics (in programs where applicable).
- Press Ctrl + Shift + S for programs to read next serial number (for blind hams in programs where applicable).
- Press Ctrl + Shift + H to hide the Horizontal / Vertical button on the band map (click a blue area of the band map first).
- Added more Application Program Interface (API) commands.
- Band and mode (based on frequency) determined by band plan file.
Version 5.0 3/07/16
- Added Application Program Interface (API) functionality (Settings > Application Program Interface).
- Added CW PTT to key linear amplifiers (Settings > Transmit > CW).
- Added ability to temporarily disable band and mode updates from rig interface (press Ctrl + Shift R).
- Updated address label tags for Cabrillo output in compliance with the latest Cabrillo output specification.
Version 4.9 2/03/16
- Updated for ARRL's 2016 bonus point additions of Social Networking and Safety Officer.
- Added button on Submittal form to take you directly to the on line submittal form (since it's not necessary to complete the form in the program).
- Added Bearing & Distance
Version 4.8 1/04/16
- Delta stations worked by other Delta stations aren't included in QSO points.
Version 4.7 1/02/15
- Added option to display dx spots on a separate form (Ctrl+Shift D).
- Ability to save and load CW settings for easy transfer to other N3FJP logging programs.
- Ability to save and load phone wave settings for easy transfer to other N3FJP logging programs.
- Removed Tech + from frequency privilege form.
Version 4.6 12/02/14
- Band map DX spotting zoom scale and rig tracking features added.
- Spot last button on main form.
- Ability to adjust CW character spacing for PC generated CW.
Version 4.5 11/08/14
- Addition of Super Check Partial, which can either be displayed in the Possible Duplicates window, or on a separate floating form.
- Dynamic scale resizing on band map form reflecting range of actual posted DX spots for a given band.
- Option to display band map automatically on start up.
- Resize the main form and the individual controls will reposition after you complete your mouse move.
- Your customized main form dimensions are saved on exit.
- Press Ctrl F to display a small form to quickly change your rig's frequency, band and mode. This form can optionally be set to display on start up from the rig interface form.
- Pressing Ctrl W displays the CW setup form as always, but now, you can also press Ctrl > Shift W to display a tiny version of the form showing your F key strings. This form can optionally be set to display on start up from the CW setup form.
- Press Ctrl > Shift C to display the bearing as a compass point as you type the call.
- Additional DX spotting filtering option to block calls that would be identified as duplicates.
Version 4.4 8/13/14
- Ability to set DX spots filtering.
- Ability to display a DX spots band map (press Ctrl E from the main form to display).
- Ability to set have the program speak the details of a DX spot.
- DX label added to section display
Version 4.3 7/24/2014
- Ability to purge D contacts if you are a D station.
- Ability to list recent QSOs filtered by the same band and mode.
- Additional error checking to let you know if you have the clients set to TCP but forgot to also set the server to TCP.
- Ability to see the QSO rate time statistics of your specific PC (from the settings menu).
- Clients networking in TCP can now make local backups.
- Backups for both File Share and TCP are now in ADIF.
- Web status uploader.
- Before downloading country file from AD1C, gets path to file from n3fjp.com.
- CW Buffer Form (Ctrl K).
Version 4.2 9/04/2013
Modification of forms for better screen reader performance to assist visually impaired users.
Version 4.1 7/19/2013
Addition of the TCP Networking option! (The tried and true File Share option continues to be the default)
Version 4.0 3/09/2013
The C# rewrite! Lots of new features, too numerous to list here!
Version 3.0 7/3/2012
Added the breakout of Ontario sections from 1-4 (map shows all of ON worked if any ON sections worked as KX9X does not yet have a new finalized map)
Fixed post contest mode time
Added satellite to summary
Added F (EOC) to summary
Version 2.9 1/3/2012
Cabrillo and ADIF files are saved in My Documents in the Users's profile directory (or a directory of the User's choice) in better compliance with Vista, Win 7 and future operating systems.
Better font sizing and scaling on larger, wide screen monitors.
Quadrupled country lookup array size to accommodate Jim, AD1C's highly specific country prefix database.
Version 2.8 1/03/06
Archive Log File
Add a ! to your pre-programmed CW String to save the contact
K7RE RTTY Functions
Version 2.7 3/14/05
Speed up AGW to 333 milliseconds
Call dupe check on band and mode changes
Added youth participation and web form submission bonus reminder
ADIF Import - changes SSB, FM and AM to PH
Version 2.6 12/24/04
- Corrected Ctrl G to display rig control form
Version 2.5 12/6/04
- DX Spotting List enhancements
- Click on a post to tune your rig to the spot frequency (mode will also change for many rigs)
- Press Ctrl G to display a form to change frequency and mode
- Sleep CW timing option
- Enhanced Loop timing option
- Dynamic resize of band map spots
Version 2.4 8/2/04
Permanent backup every 15 minutes if record count has incresed
Backup to floppy option
Right click band label to scroll down
Error checking on tab for class
Change initials from main form
SSB changed to PH
Cancel on edit
Version 2.3 1/05/04
Post Contest Mode - Option for entering contacts after the contest is over.
Loop Timing Option for CW added.
Option to key rig when a wave file is played with serial port.
Esc stops wave file.
BT prosign added.
Operator's initials field.
Imports ADIF files for easy merging of files from other software.
Displays statistics by Operator.
Version 2.2 7/21/03
Addition of parallel (printer port) support options for CW keying (serial port is already supported)
ESC key terminates CW
Improved CW timing performance
CW WPM speed can be specified
CW word spacing is user modifiable
CW text being sent displays on main form
Addition of prosigns
Program retrieves system time for UTC offset on startup
Addition of a utility to send on-the-air code practice
Items on main list can be copied to the Windows clipboard
Graph background color can be changed from black to white
Version 2.1 4/13/03
Added section map
Main form displays above taskbar
Lists previous contacts with same station
Right click DX spot to change rig frequency
Main form background color is Windows default background color
Installs in common N3FJP Software Windows program group
Version 2.0 12/30/02
Added support for Elecraft rig interface
Added DX spotting via Telnet, TNC and AGW Packet Engine
Visually impaired enhancement
1.8 - 11/25/02
Key rig phone
Key rig for wave files
GOTA rule change
Update Summary sheet
CW & Phone
Copyright 1997-2013, N3FJP Software - Affirmatech, Inc