Amateur Contact Log 4.1 Now Available!
I had planned to get back to the contesting software and let AC Log 4.0 run as is for the time being, but a couple minor things came to light in the last few days and one important, required fix just a little while ago, so as a result....
Amateur Contact Log 4.1 is Now Available!
Corrections and Enhancements Include:
- AC Log Call Data Lookup! Back by popular demand from those without constant Internet access, the AC Log call book lookup feature is restored! If you want to process your own FCC data you will need to use a VB6 version of AC Log to prepare it for 4.1, but you can download the AC Log ready data from our website anytime, right from AC log and the lookup functionality is the same.
- Correction of LoTW Confirmed By markings. It just came to light moments ago that on LoTW Downloads, if you had uploaded a contact AND it had already been marked as confirmed (by Card or eQSL), an L was also being added in the Confirmed By field, whether the contact was actually confirmed on LoTW or not. Just to be clear, none your records were erroneously marked as Received. An L in the Confirmed By field was only added if it was already marked as received in some other way and the record was included in a LoTW download. I really apologize that this didn't come to light during the beta testing.
- Not Responding Message Eliminated. For some of the extended processes with large databases, a Not Responding message would sometimes temporarily appear on the form. This was generally not a problem, as long as the user was patient the program would finish, but it could lead to an impatient user forcing a shut down in the middle of saving data.
As always, upgrades are free to registered users!
To upgrade to version 4.1 from 4.0, there is nothing you have to do with your log file or settings files. All your customized settings will appear when you start 4.1. Just uninstall 4.0 from Windows Control Panel and then install the latest:
If you are upgrading from a version prior to 4.0:
- Install AC Log 4.1.
- From your previous version of AC Log, click File > Export ADIF > Whole Log and save your file in a place that is easy for you to find on your hard drive.
- From version 4.1, click File > Import ADIF and select the ADIF file that you exported.
- If you have customized settings, you'll need to reconfigure them, but you'll find it to be a much easier process with even more flexibility in version 4.0!
You'll find additional upgrade instruction detail here:
By the way, AC Log 4.1 runs completely independently of the VB6 versions of AC Log, so if you are unsure if you want to upgrade, please go ahead and give it a try. Your existing installation will not be altered in any way and you can continue with the previous version if you prefer it for any reason. I think you will really like version 4.1 once you get a taste of it though!
Thanks for Your Patience!
All, this last year and a half has been a really intense time of learning a new programming language and working towards recreating all the software that took about seven years to write in VB6 the first time around. Thank you for your patience as I work to rewrite the software and fix any problems that come to light. I'm getting requests daily for rewrites for all the remaining programs that are still on the list and support for additional contests as well. Once we get everyone settled in with the AC Log rewrite, I plan to get back to the contesting programs just as quickly as possible.
And in response to the questions we always receive when we neglect to include the following in our e-mail announcements...
Package Upgrade Information...
If you have registered one or more individual programs and would like to upgrade to N3FJP's Software Package or N3FJP's Software Package and CD for full use of all our Amateur Radio software, we would be glad to apply the amount that you have registered so far as a credit towards that purchase. Please send us an e-mail directly and we'll let you know your balance.
N3FJP's Software Package includes approximately 50 programs for contesting, net management, general logging and other Amateur Radio related applications. In addition to full use of all these programs, registered package customers are also entitled to receive free passwords for any new software that is added to the package and free upgrades to existing programs. You'll find all the details on the Register Now page at www.n3fjp.com.
Donations are Gratefully Accepted!
And in response to the often asked question for which Kimberly and I are very grateful...
"I know your upgrades are free, but I also realize how much time and effort coding these enhancements and new programs take and that your pricing policy doesn't fully reflect that. Can I send you something to show my appreciation for your continued efforts?"
Yes, thanks so much, your continued support in any amount is very welcome and deeply appreciated! You can use this page:
or send your contribution by mail, payable to Affirmatech Inc., to:
G. Scott Davis
118 Glenwood Road
Bel Air, MD 21014-5533
Thank you so much for your continued support!
As always, thanks for your kind words, support, linking to our web site and spreading the word about our software. Kimberly and I really appreciate it!
Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.
Copyright 1997-2013, N3FJP Software - Affirmatech, Inc